The Faculty of Arts (FA) is one of the eleven establishments created in the Presidential Decree of 8 March 2011, organising The University of Bamenda. Again, the Faculty of Arts is among the three new faculties that went operational during the 2015/2016 academic year. Of the nine established departments, seven are currently running. These include:
- Geography and Planning
- History and Archaeology
- Linguistics and African Languages
- Performing and Visual Arts
- Communication and Development Studies
Two other Departments which could not start consist of the departments of Translation Studies and Psychology. These Departments would take off as soon as certain dispositions have been taken by the University.
The Faculty of Arts (FA) of The University of Bamenda (UBa) provides an inspiring atmosphere and ideal circumstances in which a multitude of academic and professional interests are studied. It is a rich environment for teaching, learning, research and outreach leading to the obtention of degrees from the Bachelor of Arts (BA) through the Master of Arts (MA) to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). The Faculty values high quality standards and strives for outstanding achievements at both individual and collective levels. The programmes will help graduates to meet the demands of an emerging economy in this age of globalization.
In order to achieve these goals, it shall
- provide excellent and quality education that will enable the students face the challenges of the twenty first century;
- enable the student acquire both academic and professional education which is highly needed in the job market;
- provide quality education so that graduates from the faculty shall be not only self-employed but employers;
- graduates can serve efficiently wherever duty calls and
- graduate a new crop of young industrious and innovate Cameroonians proud of the name they carry.